I hope you enjoyed my DIY project the other day and hopefully I'll have some more in the works. I spent my day with the boy thrifting and sadly came out empty handed. In terms of other goal kicking, today marks the two week mark of Insanity. It's been an exhausting two weeks, but I feel my body changing and I'm excited for the future. Since exhibiting my efforts, I've also felt a little kickback about my latest health routine.
I've always been the type to give up and this isn't the first time that I've been guilty of being the boy who cried wolf. It's something I've always struggled with and I'm so determined to be different this time around. Here are the top 10 ways I've been battling with my own negativity.
- Listen to some motivational speeches while working out- I know this sounds pretty basic, but I'm not talking about music. I'm talking about actual motivational speeches. There are a ton of great ones on 8tracks and sometimes you just need that whisper in your ear to be like ya, greatness IS there.
- Remind yourself of why you started in the first place- When I have an off day or moment, I take a second to be like why am I doing this and what I want to achieve. I think of how I want to feel and that everything is one step at a time.
- Get in a routine- Sometimes I feel so out of whack with my ever changing schedule and since forcing myself to wake up and planning my workouts, it has really changed my outlook and focus. I am capable of more and can't be hypocritical to those who aren't. I now make time to get ready in the morning because when I look good, I feel good.
- Buy new workout clothes- I bought a few workout clothes when I first got started, but can't wait to order more when I hit my first pant size drop. I've got a few on the lookout that I've bookmarked and can't wait to hit order.
- Meal prep- What once used to bore me is now kind of exciting when Pinterest is involved. It's showing that I can eat healthy, save money, and gets my mind in a healthy mindset. When I do eat out, I want to pick the healthier options because that's what my body craves.
- Weigh in- While most people look at you and can't see the results, the scale doesn't lie. It is definitely not the be all, end all, but it feels good to see the difference especially when you can't see it anywhere else.
- Mark your calendar- When people are constantly making you feel like you're doing it all for nothing, look at that calendar. I mark everyday that I work out and look at how far I've come. It may not be much, but it's more than before and it's a reminder that we can only move forward. You are the difference between your past, present, and your future.
- Follow some hot insta chicks- When I feel like I can't do it, I'm all about finding insp despite the haters. These girls get haters all the time, but they also have a past, present, and future. It's amazing to see their before and afters, to see how many times they have all given up, and then see them become who they have always been destined to be. Kudos to them!
- Set a short term goal- Kicking goals doesn't happen overnight, so when I think negatively and just wanna give up, I think of my short term goals. I'm going to Vegas in the beginning of November, so that's my little pick me up as a reward for all this temporary pain.
- Have a kickass car playlist- Last but not least have a great kickass playlist for all the haters. I'm learning to be my own biggest fan and that means acting like one. I compile all my fave playlists and basically blast my car and jam out to the lryics I know the most. Sometimes you just need to feel good.
Have a great week killin it and can't wait to catch up next Tuesday!